Iarivfood provides a perfect German Potato Macaroni Dish Recipe, make and enjoy with family and friends.
- 2 huge or four medium potatoes
- 1 bundle elbow macaroni
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- 1 onion
- clean chives cut in small portions
- half of bundle of swiss cheese or several slices
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
- Sour cream (non-obligatory)
- 2 slices of bacon, turkey bacon or ham (non-obligatory)
Wash, Peel (non-obligatory) and cut up potatoes into small pieces. Bring potatoes to a boil over high warmth.
Add a pinch of salt to the water. Boil potatoes for approximately 15 minutes. Add macaroni to water and hold to boil for about eight to ten mins. In a separate skillet, add butter or cooking oil and cook the onions until browned. Add the chives and continue to cook dinner for a couple of minutes. Drain the potatoes and macaroni. Return the potatoes and macaroni to the pan. Stir within the chives, onions, swiss cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.