Seafood and seasonal greens steam to perfection on the grill in foil pouches lined with fresh corn husks. The husks prevent the contents from burning and add flavor to the steamy juices. This recipe makes one person package deal that makes a full meal for one person. Make as many pouches as you’ve got guests. Serve this dinner the primary time out whilst sweet, nearby corn is in season. The seafood has to be clean.
- 1 18-inch rectangular of heavy aluminum foil
- four inexperienced corn husks
- 4 small new red potatoes, halved
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, cut into four portions
- 4 entire mussels and/or clams, scrubbed and deveined
- four jumbo shrimp or scampi, shelled and deveined
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley five mL
- salt and freshly floor pepper
- 1/four cup white wine 50 mL
- 1 tbsp butter 15 mL
Lay corn husks over and 18-inch square of heavy foil, overlapping to form an unmarried layer. Arrange potatoes, onion, corn, mussels or clams, and shrimp over top. Season with chopped parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the wine, dot with butter, and seal the bundle securely.
Place package(s) at the grill over direct medium heat, close lid and cook for 20 mins, till greens are tender and shellfish are opened. Serve the packets in deep dishes and let guests open them at the same time as they may be warm and steamy. Serve crusty French bread for sopping up the juices.
Each packet makes one serving.
Easy Extras A fresh, crusty baguette Chilled white wine Fresh strawberries, blueberries and peaches marinated with brandy and sugar and served with a dollop of sweetened bitter cream and shop-bought brief cake or cookies for dessert.